Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 ½ cups Marrakesh Express Plain Couscous
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ cup Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Coarse kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, ½ inch dice
- 1 roasted yellow bell pepper, ½ inch dice
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, ½ inch dice
- 2 green onions, minced
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ cup Mt. Vikos Greek Feta, crumbled
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
To prepare couscous, bring water, oil and salt to boil. Remove from stove and add couscous, cover and allow to set for 7 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside until ready to mix with the rest of the salad ingredients.
To prepare dressing, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic.
In a large bowl, add prepared couscous. Add salad ingredients. Mix in dressing. Adjust seasoning, if needed, and chill until ready to serve.
Pair with Crios Torrontes.
Eddie's Recipe Tip: